Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Safari Letters

Welcome to my crafting blog! I love scrapbooking and card making so I'm really excited about doing this. Unfortunately paper-crafting is not my job, so I won't be able to upload a post everyday; but I'll try to do as much scrapping as I can and put it up here to share. Hopefully, this blog will be a little nudge in the butt to get me going. :)

Here is my first offering: a set of letters I decorated for my niece when she was born. My sister wanted to do her room in safari animals so I tried to stick to that theme.

I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Baby Safari Girl paper and die-cuts. My other sister's boyfriend cut out the letters for me, but I believe they can be found in any craft store, like Michaels or A.C. Moore.

Here's each letter:
I found that the easiest method for me to cut out the letter shapes from the paper was to glue the letter directly to the whole piece of paper. Then, I roughly cut around the letter and used an exact-o pen to trim off the edges.

Please let me know what you think in the comments, and if you have any advice, puh-leeeeeze, tell me!!!! LOL!

Well I hope you stay tuned and stay patient with me as I try to get this blog off the ground. See ya next time!

Your excitedly nervous novice blogger,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany! Welcome to the blogland. It looks as though you're on the right track. I'll celebrate my first year of blogging next month and the best advice I can provide to you is to have fun, visit other blogs, ask questions and participate in a challenge or two when you can. Please feel free to visit me at www.lorie-thepeddler.blogspot.com. Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete