Wednesday, January 5, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Challenge

I'm so excited today because I've just entered my first challenge! (Yay!) My card is for the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge over at The Daily Dare which was presented by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I'm not expecting to win anything, but I can't wait to read the feedback that I will hopefully get. Fingers crossed!

Here's the card:
The challenge was to use snowflakes. I had these colorful beauties in my possession for a long time but could never think of a Christmas card design for them, so I decided to give the card a different twist. I paired the snowflakes with the striped paper from Me & My Big Ideas Modern Milan. It reminds me of candy, like a roll of Life Savors. :) The shiny foil paper is from Me & My Big Ideas Black and White cardstock, and the letter stickers are Thickers from American Crafts.

I'm not sure what I think about the foil cardstock. My first idea was to use a solid black background, but I don't have a single sheet of just plain black. Disgraceful, I know. Lol. I liked the foil at first; but now that I'm looking at the card, I just don't know. What do you think, a good mix or way too much?

Speaking of cardstock, I really need to invest in some thicker kind. My card is somewhat warped from the glue I used and the thinness of the paper. Any particular brands you like? Leave it in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by!

Your shiny, stripey snowflaker,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. I love those snowflakes, they make a perfect winter thank you card! As for cardstock, I love Bazzill, Prism and recently started using Stampin' Up. Their whisper white is so nice to stamp on.

    ReplyDelete